We all have a story to tell. We have people to thank, places we've been, endured hardships we never thought we'd recover from. Yet, here we are, surviving. At 30, I never thought I'd be where I am at in life currently, but then again...I've concluded it's good to have loose guidelines on life rather than plans. We all know life doesn't go as planned afterall.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Me and my Three Pillows...I <3 Pillows in my brand new bed that moves my body for me at the touch of a button


WOW, whatever they did Friday night....I slept a solid 4 hours straight, which was GLORIOUS! Ok, so saturday comes...after 4 am I'm pretty much up every hour on the hour with my delusions waking me still, nausea, vomiting, and this darn headache/migraine.

Let me tell you...when you have a migraine....this is the worst thing to come over your TV

The Worst....

The sun comes up and Amy and Stacy come on over to find I'm OK...not great, but not on death's doorstep like the day before. I find out a little bit more about this hospital that I'm in...they have a Breast Cancer Treatment Center...HERE! WHOA!

And meet Dr. Prill- in charge of Said Breast Cancer Center and now Overseeing my Care




Finally, someone with some different answers....Still excruciating headaches, nausea and vomiting and she tries something called Levison...a medication for IBS....I could really care less what it's typically used for...I want my stomach to stay where it's supposed to at this point and get something in my mouth and keep it there, which was not the case for the peaches I tried this particular morning :( She also orders a CT scan of my head because of STage 4 breast cancer diagnosis, weird delusions and excruciating headache. She gets me into CT FAST! So fast Amy and Stacy were going to duck out, but didn't want to leave me to find any news on my own, so they stayed! I had to transfer beds twice...commence dry heaving and using 2 more hospital disposable puke buckets And here is a photo of my meals for the first 2 days really...via IV and other nasty stuff we won't get into....just between us girls...



It was no more than a half hour and I was back in my room and Dr. Prill went down to CT to get the result immediately. GREAT NEWS!!!! NO BRAIN METS!!! Best news I heard all week!!!! One less worry and I think all three of us girls cried we were so happy, I had Amy call my dad and tell him since I was getting tired again and nodding off.

Here are my two AWESOME Patient Care Techs, Brad was Day Time and Kayla was nighttime....think CNA's around these parts



I had to tell Brad today that there was no way in hell I was getting out of bed to get a shower today...it was hard enough to even sit up...Amy took the photo of this sign outside my door



And Bedrest it was for this girl until Levisin as an Intramuscular medication. HALLELULIAH!!!!!!!!!

When Amy and Stacy came back at 7 pm Saturday night they expected to only visit me for a very short while because i have been just so exhausted and when they were there I wanted to interact with them and talk to them, which I should have been resting. Well, let me tell you...after the morphine for the headaches, Levisin for the vomiting and nausea I was a New Woman!!!

I stared at this board all day and all night in my room:



And it's really too much information probably, but I had a problem with having to contort myself to reach my lightswitch from bed so of course I found it appropriate to call housekeeping to fix it for me. and they DID!



Notice the knott...they made it much longer and they did it within an hour of me calling them...how awesome is that...and to think I even frieken care!!!

Amy and Stacy come over and I am seriously DOWNING some water and ICE...both of these were full and I barely touched them before 7 pm that night...before the girls leave at 10:30....I'm calling Brad or Kayla for MORE PLEASE!!!!! YAY!!!



More to come.....

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there Jen! I hope you start to feel better really soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always thinking of you gf. I went to adjunct status at work so I am going to have some time to see you. Call me when I can and you feel up to it. I love you!!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete