We all have a story to tell. We have people to thank, places we've been, endured hardships we never thought we'd recover from. Yet, here we are, surviving. At 30, I never thought I'd be where I am at in life currently, but then again...I've concluded it's good to have loose guidelines on life rather than plans. We all know life doesn't go as planned afterall.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Hello Tykerb

The lucky new drug is Tykerb. Another cellular specific medication that works similar to Herceptin that I've been on as long as I can remember now. Even though Herceptin has failed me...it still slows progression, which is why I stay on it. Tykerb is pill form, but needs purchased from a "specialty pharmacy" meaning one in the mail approved by my insurance. My insurance wouldn't approve a 90 day supply and my copay for a 30 day supply is over 50 dollars...sheesh! Lets hope it works with minimal side effects! More news to come, just not made public just yet.

Lately I feel tired a lot of the time, but can't sleep and nauseous, and can't eat. The doctor gave me meds, which make me feel more tired and difficult to get through the day, so I won't take them...blah blah!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment