We all have a story to tell. We have people to thank, places we've been, endured hardships we never thought we'd recover from. Yet, here we are, surviving. At 30, I never thought I'd be where I am at in life currently, but then again...I've concluded it's good to have loose guidelines on life rather than plans. We all know life doesn't go as planned afterall.

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Unconditional Love

Dogs- they surround me with love 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. No matter what. I believe they are sometimes what keep me sane. There are a few days, very few that they are the cause of my insanity, but I would not trade their love for the world!

Shadow has been there, he has ALWAYS been there. I got him when I was 17 and a senior in highschool. Actually, my mom got him. A family had bought him, had him as an 8 week old puppy for 2 weeks and figured out that a puppy is NOT easy! So that family sold him to my mom for 50 dollars dog, crate, food, leash and all. He's worth MUCH more than that. He is my rock. He saw me off to college, through an early marriage and a painful divorce. He took care of me through two cancer diagnosis over a span of 4 years. He has been a constant, whereas, men have come and gone.

Chloe was bought on a whim after a painful breakup with a boyfriend. She was a wonderful distraction from my pain. Not that I recommend that process of finding a dog. She is 2 years old now and still amazing me with her intelligence. She figures everything out. I've hidden her food container all throughout the lower level of the house and she always finds it quickly. She's beautiful, like nothing you've ever seen before. I'm her biggest fan, which is a blessing and a curse occasionally. She is a more "in your face" type dog. Probably all the spoiling when she was young and impressionable. I've created a monster!

They are my family. Some people understand that, some don't. My heart aches when they are away from me. It's eased a bit if I know they are a place they love like my father's horse farm. They are off leash there, they love running around and ther are SO MANY smells. Not to mention that they get totally SPOILED there by Barb feeding them people food all the time. They are good dogs, they deserve to be happy. They love people and I can't fathom putting them in a position that they are not with people,

especially not over the holidays,

not even with your money Nana, sorry.

They are MY family.

No comments:

Post a Comment