We all have a story to tell. We have people to thank, places we've been, endured hardships we never thought we'd recover from. Yet, here we are, surviving. At 30, I never thought I'd be where I am at in life currently, but then again...I've concluded it's good to have loose guidelines on life rather than plans. We all know life doesn't go as planned afterall.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Candy grams

No, I was not a band geek per se, I was probably worse...I was in the color guard. I twirled flags and wooden rifles. We wore outfits inspired by a flaming homosexual. One year I recall I looked like a big purple trash bag with leggings. Another year we wore some sort of all black with bell bottoms and sequins. I should really find some photos. Our outfits were ridiculous!

Well, our school band was competitive. We would perform on friday nights at the football games, then again on Saturday at a band competition. Band competitions were held at highschools. In an attempt to raise money, the highschools would sell candy grams. Basically, someone would buy a candy bar and write a note on it of encouragement (from friends) and love (from family) and you would receive it after we competed. There were also flower grams I recall. I loved it. Every week it always made me feel good that my mom had sent me usually one of each at least.

Isn't it silly how something so simple can really make or break a girl's day? Seriously, you felt a little dissapointment and loss if you didn't receive one that day (which I can't ever remember happening). Oh, How I miss candy grams. What a novel concept!

No comments:

Post a Comment