We all have a story to tell. We have people to thank, places we've been, endured hardships we never thought we'd recover from. Yet, here we are, surviving. At 30, I never thought I'd be where I am at in life currently, but then again...I've concluded it's good to have loose guidelines on life rather than plans. We all know life doesn't go as planned afterall.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Call it what you will...

The past four days I have had limited internet or computer access because the power cord to my laptop got kinked and developed a short in it. I'm pretty certain I was not careful with it and sat on it numerous times. Oops! Thankfully I noticed it going out and ordered a new one off ebay last week. Whew, I'm connected again! You should have seen me though, pathetic. I tried to splice the wire together without the crushed part in the wire. I'm surprised i didn't burn my house down or something stupid like that. I used packing tape to tape the two end together because I thought I had electrical tape in my tool box, but alas things like that are never where you thought they were when you need them! Then the splicing being taped didn't work, so I would hold the two ends together while the laptop was on my lap. Talk about desperate, right? It had to be together JUST RIGHT too. It was by no means easy. It was definitly one of those times I just have to laugh at myself. I'd even laugh while I was doing it, but I think I have a problem, an addiction if you will. I feel the need to be connected. I like to think I am interested in my friends lives, but I'm relatively sure at one time before Facebook existed this self proclaimed "interest" would be considered being nosey. Bah, a character flaw...I can live with it.

signing off,

1 comment:

  1. Love it! As much as I know I don't pick up the phone anymore, I love the sense of feeling connected that Facebook and other sites bring.

    ReplyDelete