We all have a story to tell. We have people to thank, places we've been, endured hardships we never thought we'd recover from. Yet, here we are, surviving. At 30, I never thought I'd be where I am at in life currently, but then again...I've concluded it's good to have loose guidelines on life rather than plans. We all know life doesn't go as planned afterall.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Everything Happens For a Reason, if you say so

I will never understand why bad things happen to good people.

Why was a Toddler's life suddenly taken from one of the most solid, caring, loving families I have ever known?

His name was Jacob. He had gastric reflux as an infant, but he was such a happy baby. His parents and sisters doted on him. Jacob was laid back and smiled all the time. He was a sweet boy. He loved affection and being held, but didn't require it. Poor boy was allergic to my dogs and would get little hives at my house. I had to be careful at his house because I recall one time, when I was babysitting his sisters wanted peanut butter sandwiches for lunch. I fixed the girls lunch first, but Jacob snuck up to the kitchen table while I was making his lunch and went to take a bite out of his sister's sandwich. NO! He put it down and all was ok, but you see he was allergic to peanuts too.

The fateful day, Jacob woke up like any ordinary day. He had only been 2 a few weeks and on this particular day he started having trouble breathing. It got to a point that his mother took him to the Pediatrician, but Jacob was getting worse very quickly. They had no idea what was wrong other than he was unable to breath. The Pediatrician's office had to call the ambulance and have the little one taken to the hospital and Jacob passed away less than 3 hours later without really knowing what happened to him. It happened so fast, so unexpected of this otherwise healthy boy. Upon autopsy it was revealed that his intestines had twisted and burst and he died of sepsis. So sad. so undeserving. Why? I will never understand.

1 comment:

  1. I remember like it was yesterday and will never forget. What an awful, sad and horrible day that was for everyone, especially the family.

    I think of them often, I think of you all! I love you Miss Jenn!

    ReplyDelete