We all have a story to tell. We have people to thank, places we've been, endured hardships we never thought we'd recover from. Yet, here we are, surviving. At 30, I never thought I'd be where I am at in life currently, but then again...I've concluded it's good to have loose guidelines on life rather than plans. We all know life doesn't go as planned afterall.

Friday, January 1, 2010

Mistakes

I was unfair in my former post. In truth, I recently lost my best friend and while he made mistakes over the past year, so did I. We all make mistakes. It's what we do with those mistakes in the future with out lives.

the boy of 2009, made mistakes, but was also there for me. This is why we dated. He was affectionate, intelligent, fun, interesting, caring, sweet. And that is to just name a few of his traits. When I found out I had cancer, he was there. He was like a pillar of strength and comforted me. He let me know that no matter what happened, he wasn't going anywhere. That was only after dating two months. That's pretty admirable...I still feel that way today. He cooked nearly every day, he was an awesome cook and a great companion. We spent nearly every evening together exercising, having dinner, then watching some tv or going out for a drink or check out a new place. we had fun, we had a lot of good times and only a few bad ones. I thought it would make me feel better to talk poorly about him, but it didn't. In fact, it was pretty immature and elementary. For all that he did bring to my life, he does NOT deserve that and he was certainly my best friend for good reason.

I remember going to downtown Ellicott City for the day and eating chocolate covered bacon. We went to see the Washington Nationals play and had ice cream, hot dogs, and beer. Yum! We went to San Diego for the Sun, the Sand, the zoo, and beer and wine tours! The Boy, he was patient and kind since I was unable to do a lot of activities, was chubby from the steriods, and tired easily. We went to the beach with my family and had a blast in Ocean City at the hole in the wall bars. Dogfish head restaurant was one stop after the gaithersburg festival. At night, when I'd be crying at bedtime sad and afraid that treatment may not work, he was there. He never allowed me to have negative thoughts or give up. He went to the Dr. with me and went to treatment with me too. I was his navigater while he drove. We were a team...here, Annapolis, Baltimore, Washington D.C. We were a great team. He wanted to care for me and did.

He is a hero and given a large sacrifice being in the military for a career. He does not deserve to be bad mouthed...he deserves better. I sincerly hope he finds happiness in life, he deserves to. I want him to.

No comments: