We all have a story to tell. We have people to thank, places we've been, endured hardships we never thought we'd recover from. Yet, here we are, surviving. At 30, I never thought I'd be where I am at in life currently, but then again...I've concluded it's good to have loose guidelines on life rather than plans. We all know life doesn't go as planned afterall.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Golden Girls

I felt I needed to follow that one up with a happier note!

So my mom and dad were divorced since I was 1. I only remember them being divorced.

Well, my dad had me minimally every other weekend growing up and we were like clockwork on friday nights after he picked me up. We would sit on his brown leather recliner and watch the friday night sitcom line up! He would sit in the seat and I was probably like 8, so I'd sit on the arm to the right of him and prop my feet on the foot thingy too. We would eat popcorn with LOTS of butter or ritz crackers with cheese. If it was cream cheese, a lot of the time I would eat the cheese off the cracker and hand back the cracker asking for "more please" Otherwise he bought one of those large blocks of cheddar cheese and cut off pieces with pressing the butter knife into the block towards his thumb.

We watched The Golden Girls, Empty Nest, and Threes Company. I loved it! I think that's kind of funny since I was only like 8ish. I miss it......

No comments:

Post a Comment